Home » Online council services » Discussion forum

Salford City Council discussion forum

We have amended the terms and conditions as of 15 July 2014, which users must accept before they can access the forum. Existing users of the forum confirm that they accept and agree to the amended terms and conditions by continuing to access the forum.

Forum home   Search the forum   Forum members   Forum terms and conditions   Forum help   Log in   Register

All forums » Family history search

Page 1 of 1  

lloyd street and queens street deansgate
Posted by: pasha on 7 March 2012 at 8.22pm
hi would anyone have any old photos of lloyd street and queens street deansgate? or would anyone know what was there between these two streets before the shops now. only my ancestors show up on census that they lived there. i visited manchester last week only to find there is a millets and coffee shop. i would appreciate any help.
regards
debbie
Posted by: Simon_ludbrook on 7 March 2012 at 9.14pm
Hi Debbie,

Try searching for photographs on Manchester City Council’s website. If you have any results, click on one, then click again for a bigger image, (this should appear on its own in the top left of your screen).

Regards, Simon.

http://images.manchester.gov.uk/index.php?session=pass
Posted by: pasha on 7 March 2012 at 9.18pm
hi simon thank you
Posted by: NightOwl on 9 March 2012 at 1.16am
Hi Debbie,

- Click here - For some old maps of the area, select one of the larger scale maps from the list on the right.
Lloyd Street was formerly named Back Queen Street.

You could also try searching old directories - Click here - For example Click here for the 1911 directory for Lloyd Street.

More directories are available to view on microfilm at Manchester Archives and Local Studies - Click here - to see which years are covered.

> This message was edited at 01:39 on 9 March 2012 by NightOwl
Posted by: pasha on 9 March 2012 at 2.05pm
hi nightowl thank you i’ll have a look

Page 1 of 1