Home » Online council services » Discussion forum

Salford City Council discussion forum

We have amended the terms and conditions as of 15 July 2014, which users must accept before they can access the forum. Existing users of the forum confirm that they accept and agree to the amended terms and conditions by continuing to access the forum.

Forum home   Search the forum   Forum members   Forum terms and conditions   Forum help   Log in   Register

All forums » Find old friends

Page 1 of 1  

Whatever happened to Regent Road?
Posted by: Colin Grannell on 15 October 2006 at 9.23pm
I went to a nursery school somewhere near the Cathredral and then Regent Road school from 1960 to 1964. My gran lived in Martha Street and we used to walk through "Little Park" to get to her house for tea before catching the bus - I think the number 25 or 30 to Lancaster Road. When my elder brother left Regent Road to go to secondary school I went to Light Oaks school before going to Salford Grammar. I can remember being in the Whit Walks down Regent Road and an old furtniture store - think it was called Leonards? I have one an old record cover of the first Gilbert O’Sullivan album which shows Cross Lane looking down Regent Road. I think he changed the cover to change his image. I was back home a few tears ago and hardly recognised it.

Where can I get some old photograhs - especially of Regent Road School?

Colin

> This message was edited at 21:25 on 15 October 2006 by Colin Grannell
Posted by: regentroad5 on 19 October 2006 at 3.49pm
Hello Colin.If you log on to www.images.manchester.gov.uk and type in Salford you will get quite a few photos of Regent Road before it was swept away.Also why not try the friendsreunited website.Type in the name of the school on Regent Road and and look at any photos that have been posted.If you have not already done so you will need to register with friendsreunited to do this but it’s free.Cheers,Pete.
Posted by: Wilf Veevers on 23 October 2006 at 3.11pm
Colin..If you go the local history library on the Crescent you will get lots of photos of Regent road and the surrounding streets.

Salford Lad
Posted by: Beverly Carroll on 17 January 2007 at 12.43pm
Colin Grannell said:
I went to a nursery school somewhere near the Cathredral and then Regent Road school from 1960 to 1964. My gran lived in Martha Street and we used to walk through "Little Park" to get to her house for tea before catching the bus - I think the number 25 or 30 to Lancaster Road. When my elder brother left Regent Road to go to secondary school I went to Light Oaks school before going to Salford Grammar. I can remember being in the Whit Walks down Regent Road and an old furtniture store - think it was called Leonards? I have one an old record cover of the first Gilbert O’Sullivan album which shows Cross Lane looking down Regent Road. I think he changed the cover to change his image. I was back home a few tears ago and hardly recognised it.

Where can I get some old photograhs - especially of Regent Road School?

Colin

Page 1 of 1